Sauteed Paneer Spinach and Carrots
(the phulkas are made of 3/4 parts whole-wheat flour and 1/4 parts golden temple atta)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp each of cumin and mustard seeds
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 5 green chilis, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 carrots, finely diced
- 10-12 one inch paneer cubes
- 10 oz bag baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 pinch garam masala (roasted cinnamon, cloves, caradamom and shahjeera powder in equal amounts)
- salt, to taste
- handful chopped cilantro (optional)
- One medium sauce pan with a lid
- To start off, put the finely chopped carrots in a microwave safe vessel, sprinkle about a couple of tablespoons of water and microwave covered for about 4 mins until the carrot is soft but not mushy.
- Put the sauce pan on medium heat, add the cumin and mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add the green chilis, onions and garlic, fry until onions are translucent.
- Then add in the microwaved carrots and the paneer. Add in the salt. Cook for a couple of minutes stirring often. As you stir crumble up the paneer.
- Add the baby spinach. The spinach may act like it doesn't want to get in the saucepan, but just jam it in there and close the lid and cook on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Open the lid and the spinach should all be wilted, stir well.
- Check the salt and add the coriander and the garam masala powders. Turn off the heat.
- Garnish with cilantro.