Angel Hair Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Black Olives and Basil
This is another 20 minute meal. Perfect for days like today - we ate a little too much for lunch so something light and refreshing like this is perfect for dinner. Straight to the "recipe".
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 3.5 oz sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk/half and half
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Angel hair pasta
- one skillet (NOT a non-stick skillet)
- one stock pot for the pasta
- First off, boil water in the pasta pot for the angel hair.
- Put the non-stick skillet on medium heat, add the oil. Add in the garlic and the onions, fry until translucent.
- Add in the red pepper, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- The pasta water should be boiling by now. Add in the pasta and some salt. Let the pasta cook.
- Cook the sauce for about 3-4 minutes then add in the milk/half and half and deglaze the pan. Turn off the heat, add about 3/4th of the basil.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta, serve. Garnish with the rest of the basil.