Saturday, May 13, 2006

Easy, Breezy Saturday Brunch

counter-clock wise direction: idli, peanut chutney, vellulli karam (garlic & spice powder) with ghee, mullangi (radish) pappu charu and fruit (mango & cantaloupe)

It was easy because it only took me a few minutes to throw this together. Breezy coz it is very windy outside today, but a very beautiful day neverthless! This is what we ate for our brunch this Saturday morning. I had idli, peanut chutney and mullangi pappu chaaru/sambhar in the freezer that I thawed and re-heated. I had made this last week and freezed some of it. While the food was in the microwave, I got busy cutting up some fresh fruit - cantaloupe and mango. Brunch was ready! See that is one of the pleasures of freezing food. It works for those days that are really crazy and hectic.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWWWWWW...u make me feeel sooo J...boo hoo ... I want to go back home to my Mom...waa waa
hehe...The plate is soo inviting..I am going to rush to Udipi today..:-)

Ashwini said...

Idlis are perfect for weekend brunches arent they?

Revathi said...

Hu hu huuu.. I am feeling hungry loooking at the pic... Y r u doing this to me...

Vaishali said...

Great looking idlis and peanut chutney there, L2C. How did you make the radish dish? Have you blogged about it already?

Lakshmi said...

today we had the same tiffin.

Luv2cook said...

Priya:

I hope you did visit Udipi ;).

Ashwini:

Yes. They are. Especially when you don't have to do any major work to make them heheh..

Revathi:

Didn't do it on purpose ;) heeh..I hope you had a good weekend..

Vaishali:

Thanks. The radish dish is something I made over the last weekend and I didn't get a chance to blog it. I am hoping to do it sometime this week...

Vineela said...

hi l2c,
Nice idlis.Mullangi pulusu will be nice combo along with peanut chutney.
I love to eat always.
Vineela

palamoor-poragadu said...

You sure 'Luv2Cook'

Dont know if this is the appropriate post for this comment!
I too have been seeing your comments frequently on Mahanandi (L2C, that’s what you are right?)

Your blog is a culinary 'adbhutam'.
Your Pachi pulusu recipe made me crave so much. Its such an amazing and simple thing isnt it?

Regards 116N, you are right. It goes via Mehdipatnam through those narrow lanes behind Nampally and it goes all the way to Nanakramguda. Do visit that temple if you can.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Keep coming!

palamoor-poragadu said...

see those idlis!!

I think the most beautiful things in the world look 'simple'.
Idli, Pani-puri, Violin and not the least, Amma.

(chants) idli idli idli... (trying to make it appear out of air, hehe)

wheresmymind said...

I have a feeling we are going to see lots of mangos! lol

Anonymous said...

This looks absolutely luxurious! I didn't know idli would freeze well - I have tried making them once and had soooooooo much batter! Being a new food to the kids, they got annoyed with me after the 3rd or 4th breakfast... next time will freeze them. :)

Anonymous said...

ummmmm gr8