Chocolate Chip Cookies - Got Milk?
(printed on the back of the nestle tollhouse semi-sweet chocolate chips pacakge).
I do not have a picture for the eggless recipe but herez the recipe!
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups combination chocolate chips(semi-sweet, dark and white)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 large mixing bowl
- electric mixer
- cookie sheets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Cream together butter, margarine, the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the low-fat yogurt (I used the home made one) and the extracts, beat until well incorporated.
- Add the flour in 3-4 installments mixing/beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the chocolate-chips and the walnuts at the very end.
- Drop on greased cookie sheets in 1 tbsp quantities (2 inches apart) and bake for about 10-12 mintues or until golden brown on the sides.
For the second recipe, I follow the nestle toll house recipe with slight variations.
- Instead of 2 sticks of butter, I use 3/4th stick soy based margarine and 3/4th stick real butter.
- Instead of all semi-sweet chocolate chips, I use a combination of dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- I increase the vanilla extract quantity to 2 teaspoons and add in a teaspoon of almond extract.