St. Patrick's day - Mini Tropical Oreo Cheesecakes with Kiwi Jam topping
Happy St.Patrick's Day everybody!
This is my entry to Anthony's Curry Mela this week.
I got the idea for the mini cheesecakes from a friend who brought them to a superbowl party. She had made mini plain cheesecakes with vanilla wafer crust and cherry pie filling as the topping.
For St. Patrick's day, I wanted to make something green and these cheese cakes came to my mind. These have an "oreo" crust and crushed oreos in the filling. I topped them up with the kiwi jam I made over the weekend. I also added some coconut to make them more tropical.
- 3 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded baking coconut
- 1 package oreo cookies (will need about 25-30)
- one sheet pan/cookie sheet/muffin pan
- Foil(not paper) cupcake liners
- Place the foil liners on a cookie sheet or put them in a muffin pan. I put mine on a cookie sheet as I could fit more on there than just 12 in a batch.
- Put the side of the cookie that the icing in the foil cupcake liners with cream side up.
- Put the other halfs in a big ziplock bag.
- Close the ziplock bag containing the oreo halves and crush the cookies using a rolling pin on a canned vegetable tin. You could use the food processor for this but the zip lock bag method is more fun.
- Cream together the softenend cream cheese with vanilla. Add the sugar and cream some more until the sugar blends. Add the eggs one at a time and cream until well blended. Add the crushed oreo cookies and the coconut, mix together.
- Spoon the creamcheese mixture on to the foil liners, until it is about 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for about 20-22 minutes.
- Let the cheese cakes cool completely. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Take them out of the refrigerator and spoon the kiwi jam on top of the cool cakes. Cover and refrigerate for about another hour or overnight.
Tips: Canned cherry/blueberry pie filling or any other jam, jelly or marmalade can be spooned on top of these cheesecakes.